Thursday, August 9, 2012

So I hear you are making another TV show

Picture chosen primarily for the Johanssoness.
Dear Joss Whedon,
Yes, I am very happy you are directing The Avengers 2 but that is not what I am writing to you about today. You are returning to TV? Yay! You are returning to TV after a huge success which means you have power to basically do whatever you want and keep the show going until you say stop? AWESOME! EXPLETIVEing AWESOME!
If only it was always this way.
I am sure you have a general idea of the Marvel property you would like to make into a new and great television program but I still wanted to toss in my opinion of the top 3 Marvel properties I would love to see you work on.

3. The Runaways

Just look at these covers for The Runaways and tell me you don't think of Buffy. Of course part of that association might be because the artist, Jo Chen, has done quite a few Buffy covers.
And when I say quite a few, I mean it.
Runaways is about a group of misfit teenagers with various powers who team up to do good. They form probably less of a team and more of dysfunctional but loving family. Just going by the description I think perhaps maybe they should already be paying you royalties.

Make check payable to...
You could write this in your sleep. Funny enough writing in your sleep is something I have been meaning to talk to you about...
Twice the noggin size for twice the ideas.
Also been meaning to talk to you about how to Photoshop better. Not my fault. There needs to be more images of you sleeping online! Not creepy.  Moving on.

2. Damage Control

It is probably the least known property on this list but I feel it is the one you could have the most fun with. In fact I personally have been wanting to make a movie of it for a long time.

The basic premise of Damage Control is, a business that gets hired to fix the destruction caused by super hero battles. The company is jointly owned by Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Wilson Fisk (The Kingpin). One of the owners being a superhero and the other being a villain could be interesting in its own right.

It has potential for strong female characters (which you love) in Ms. Ann-Marie Hoag who founded the company and Robin Chapel who is chosen to replace her when she leaves.
Robin Chapel
Ms.Hoag



















There is also room to expand the concept as they could have ongoing relationships with several minor Marvel superheros and villains. The best part about the property is that it is so under most comic book fans radars that you could pretty much do whatever you wanted with it and nerds would not scream "foul."
How dare you besmirch the great character of uh...construction guy.

1. The Thunderbolts
A group of supervillians pose as a superhero team. They do this to gain the public's trust and use their new found status and power to really do some evil. Their plan works but along the way some of them start to think of themselves as heroes and no longer want to return to their former evil life.

Along the way a young hero joins their team that has no idea that they were ever actually villains, which gives the story an even more interesting twist. Imagine the old spy versus spy idea but everyone is on the same team but no one is for sure what exactly that team is anymore. It is a really good concept and it figures right into one of your favorite topics, redemption.
Favorite, right behind brooding.
So those are my ideas for you Mr.Whedon. I stuck to suggesting teams as that is what you do best. I could see you handling an individual superhero just as well but figured if you started with a team it would decrease the nerdy conversations of what popular superhero is going to guest star. But it doesn't really matter what show you do, get ready for the questions of "when will Iron Man show up?"
Get ready!

Let me know what you decide on so I can set my DVR. Take care. -Josh Flowers

p.s. If you need a co-creator for that Damage Control movie, just let me know.
With Nicholas Brendon as construction guy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Lanta. I want him to make every single one of these! Actually I would much prefer US to make every single one of these but if he gets there first I won't complain. We can always join the crew at a later date :)

    ReplyDelete