Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Joss Whedon,
"Welcome to the man club." -Joss Whedon

"I hate when people make up quotes for me."  -J.W.













Or at least that is what I imagine your quote will be upon reading this letter.  But what possible thing could I have done to warrant such a response? That's right, I tied (with the help of youtube) my own tie. A half-Windsor but nevertheless a whole accomplishment.  

As you can tell I was quite proud.




















I always thought of the tie as the Rubik's cube of silk. And much like the cube I accomplished it by cheating. No, my tie trick did not involve removing the colored stickers and placing them on the correct side. No, my fashion fraud involved someone else tying it and then myself never untying it.

Countless times I would bust out those pre-tied ties and no one was ever the wiser. Sometimes I was even a clip-on man(which sounds a bit more disturbing than I meant it to be). My dastardly plan fooled hordes of people at the occasional wedding, funeral or talk show.


  Don't ask.

But ultimately I was fabricating my fabric finesse.

Most of the pictures of yourself with a collar would make it seem you are not a fellow member in the man's club. But I know it is just because you feel no need to show off all the time. Even Superman sits down occasionally. Anyway Joss Whedon is more like your Clark Kent when actually you are fashion guru.
Collar, t-shirt and no tie? 
Yeah, I started that.



















So here is to you Mr.Whedon and also a bit to myself...here is to us, our manness and our upside down noose tying abilities. Cheers!

Man member # 1,306,212



















Take care Mr.Avenger.  -Josh Flowers

p.s. Next man club footstep to follow in? Let's try for the feature film premiere. It has to be easier than the full Windsor.

Impossible. How many fingers have been lost in this knot?

















No comments:

Post a Comment