Saturday, June 2, 2012

Buffy is Slaying My Life

Walls. Buffy's true nemesis.




















Dear Joss Whedon,
Guess who writes letters to your royal Whedoness yet has not seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the very thing you are most known for? This guy.
Guilty



















It's not that I haven't been interested before but I just never got around to it. I remember seeing it around in high school and thinking it was too girly (wrong). I remember having friends in college who were really really into it but unfortunately they did not persuade me as they were also really really annoying.

Like your relationship with Fox.
That kind of annoying.






































At 145 episodes it seemed like quite the task. But since we have built such a great friendship (call me Joshua) and I have enjoyed your other work so much I finally decided to give Buffy a chance. Unfortunately, I also planned on still having a life. Mistake.

Buffy...


















That picture is me shortly after rolling out of bed this morning. I have become a vampire myself but instead of blood I feast on Buffy episodes and the daylight I avoid is called having a life. I have been possessed by the demon known as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

I should have seen this coming. I can be a bit obsessive. I have already rushed through season 1 (you were still figuring it out) and I am in the middle of season 2 (Spike, yay). I even perused ebay for a Buffy poster worthy of watching over my computer desk.

Close but where is the stake?
























To not completely destroy my life I have had to make deals with myself. Right now my fangs are hungry to sink themselves into another episode but I will not allow myself such pleasure until I finish my chores. One of them was finishing a short film script and another is this letter that you are reading right now. Not that writing to you is a chore (call me Josh) it is just everything that is not me watching Buffy seems a bit duller.

Will I be able to keep BTVS at bay and get some work done or will I give into my baser desires and become just another victim in Buffonia? Tune in next time! Speaking of which I think I have earned myself another Buffy episode. I will talk more about BTVS as I go along so at this current rate expect my full report by Thursday. Thanks for creating such a great show. -Josh (Call me whatever you want but do call me, heh.)

We need an exorcist to cast the Whedon out.


No comments:

Post a Comment